Local Government Professionals Tasmania is seeking a part-time Executive Officer to deliver on its strategic objectives.
LG Professionals Tasmania is the peak body for professionals working in Local Government in Tasmania. We are the member association and leading voice for Local Government professionals across the state providing our members with high quality professional development activities and networking opportunities.
The role is hands on and reports to the Board of Management. You will be responsible for ensuring that strategic objectives are delivered on, budgets maintained and for oversight of event delivery contractual arrangements. You will be required to provide executive support to the Board and ensure ongoing communication with members. This role would suit someone with Company Secretary Experience.
Key Tasks Include:
- Own and manage all Board affairs, including planning, coordinating, supporting and minuting all Board and sub-committee meetings, as well as AGMs; including pre and post meeting administration activities for all meetings.
- Maintenance of company records; preparing, reviewing, and filing annual report and statutory filings
- Own and manage official company registers and corporate records.
- Act as authorised signatory to contracts in accordance with relevant delegations.
- Oversee the budget and finances with the assistance of a finance officer.
- Oversee the event delivery contract.
- Maintain communication with members through website, newsletter and social media.
The role is part-time 3 days per fortnight. The position can work from home so can be based anywhere in the State. Salary is $85,000 pro rata plus super.
Superannuation is paid at 10.5%. You will need to be able to undertake some travel.
Ideally you will possess skills in the following areas:
- Experience at a senior level in strategic planning, budgeting and day today operational management of financial and other resources.
- Experience and/or training in Board governance.
- Demonstrated capacity to build positive working relationships withkey stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, including written communications.
- High levels of initiative and self-discipline.
- Experience working in (or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of) local government
Queries about the position can be directed to Katrena Stephenson, LG Professionals Tasmania by phoning 0488 610 341.
Applications close Monday 28th November 2022 at 10am and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.