LG Professionals Tasmania in partnership with LG Professionals Australia is excited to offer the Raymond West Scholarship for two young Tasmanians working in local government to attend the LG Professional’s Australia Congress to be held in Canberra in August 2021.
The Congress provides an excellent opportunity for networking, professional development and being exposed to a range of new concepts.
LG Professionals Australia will meet the Congress registration costs (including the Welcome Reception and Congress Dinner) and LG Professionals Tas will provide $1,000 towards travel and accommodation. Travel expenses over $1,000 will be met by the winner and/or the Council.
The two scholarship recipients will be recognised in front of industry peers at an awards ceremony in June.
- Be working in local government in Tasmania.
- Demonstrate a clear interest in a career in local government.
- Be looking for a significant professional development opportunity.
- Not have previously attended Congress under the scholarship or other funded award.
- Be under 35 years of age as at 30 June 2021.