Emerging Leaders Program
This program is a unique professional development opportunity for current leaders, those who aspire to positions of leadership and those who aspire to provide leadership in a particular area of interest within the local government sector.
The program will focus on equipping emerging leaders with an understanding of the key challenges facing local government now and into the future and the skills and competencies to develop leadership abilities.
The objectives of the program are as follows:
- Develop leadership skills and behaviours for people who will lead at all levels in Local Government
- Provide an opportunity for participants to network with emerging leaders from different professions to build stronger links and understanding between professions.
- Increase appreciation of the wider challenges facing Local Government and how to respond to them.
- Develop a network of emerging leaders and coaches/mentors to support their development.
- Retain emerging leaders within the Local Government sector.
What people are saying
The course has enlightened and given me additional perspectives in Local Governments role and practices.
I believe the lend of experiences within the group added enormous value to the learning outcomes.
The presenters insightful presentations were the catalyst of the discussions and learning.