Nominations are invited for the 2022 Tasmanian Awards Program
The LG Professionals Australia National Federation Awards is an annual celebration of outstanding achievements in local government for individuals and councils.
The awards honour local governments for their efforts in making a difference in their communities, by showcasing innovative solutions that demonstrate leading practices, deliver quality services and better outcomes for communities, and have the potential to be replicated across the country.
Here in Tasmania, the awards program has been designed to support the national awards with the state winners being entered into the national competition.
Here in Tasmania, the awards program has been designed to support the national awards. The Tasmanian winners will be recognised in front of their industry peers at an awards ceremony in June. The state winners will be entered into the national competition.
The national awards will be presented in September. where the winners will receive a trophy for their council and individual certificates for all team members.
All national category winners will be celebrated in the wider local government sector after the ceremony in an awards publication circulated industry-wide.
Winners will have the opportunity to self-promote through a publicity program with LG Professionals Australia which may include presenting at associated events.
Download the appropriate Awards Submission Guidelines below and complete the online application.
Nominations should be submitted online by COB Friday 15 July. No late submissions will be accepted.
Please note the submission requirements below:
- Please complete the online application.
- Your application should address all selection criteria. Please refer to Assessment Criteria Section for more details.
- A 150-word limit applies to the overview criteria.
- A 350-word limit applies to the other four criteria
- For the Emerging Leader Award, there is only one selection criteria. Please refer to Assessment Criteria Section for more details. Applicants must be under 35 years old and have worked in local government for at least 2 years.
- Optional: Short attachments are welcomed (10-page limit on attachments).
- Optional: Links to multimedia can be included in the submission or attachments.
Tasmanian awards will be announced on 11 August, 2022.